Vallow-Daybell transferred to another facility

Photo by John Roark/Post Register

Support Local Journalism

The VINElink website that reports on ongoing criminal cases, stated on Thursday that murder suspect Lori Vallow-Daybell had been moved from the Madison County Jail to another facility.

Madison County Public Information Officer Isaac Payne declined to specify if Vallow-Daybell had been released to another facility or where she was taken.

“I can’t talk about or share that information,” he said.

Vallow-Daybell has been at the center of a triple murder trial in Fremont County. She has been charged with the murder and conspiracy to commit murder of her two children Tylee Ryan, 17, and J.J. Vallow, 7. Her husband, Chad Daybell, is also charged in that case as well as with the murder and conspiracy to commit murder of his first wife Tammy Daybell.

The bodies of Lori’s children were found on Chad’s property June 9, 2020. He was arrested shortly after. Vallow-Daybell has been held at the Madison County Jail since March 2020.

A psychologist recently interviewed Vallow-Daybell and determined that she was unfit for trial. As a result, in June, Seventh District Court Judge Steven Boyce ordered Vallow-Daybell to undergo restorative care. Her trial has been put on hold for what could be several months, but Chad’s is scheduled for November.

There are two main mental health facilities in Idaho with one being in Blackfoot and the other in Orofino. On its webpage, State Hospital South in Blackfoot states that it sees patients for restorative care along with other services. State Hospital North in Orofino reports on its webpage that it treats patients ordered there by the courts.

Both hospitals received threats two days after Lori was transferred from Madison County Jail. The two mental health hospitals went on lockdown shortly afterward.

“Both hospitals received threatening phone calls over the weekend and on Monday,” said Niki Forbing-Orr, Public Information Manager with the Idaho Department of Health & Welfare.

The lockdown order was lifted on Tuesday.

“Both state hospitals have moved out of lockdown status but remain in a heightened state of awareness and security status. They continue to work with law enforcement to evaluate the status of the threatening phone calls,” she said.

As more information is gathered, the Standard Journal will update this story.