A few simple words directed at your Amazon or Google smart speaker will, beginning July 22, 2020, bring scripture, music, general conference talks and other important content from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints into your home.
To get started, those who own an Amazon Echo can say, “Alexa, enable Gospel Voice.”
Users of Google Home can say, “Hey, Google. Talk to Gospel Voice.”
English versions of the following content will then be accessible:
- All books of scripture can be accessed by chapter (specific verses will be available later this year).
- Users can choose a male or female voice.
- To hear scripture, try these phrases:
- “Alexa, ask Gospel Voice to read First Nephi chapter one.”
- “Hey Google, ask Gospel Voice to read First Nephi chapter one.”
This includes “Hymns,” the “Children’s Songbook”
- Both live and archived (dating back to 1971) general conferences are available. Archived talks can be found by speaker or the title of the talk. Entire session can also be accessed.
- To listen to general conference, try these phrases:
‘Come, Follow Me’ Curriculum
- All three manuals (for individuals and families, Primary and Sunday School) are available.
- To access “Come, Follow Me,” try these phrases:
Latter-day Saints Channel
- All three English channel streams (music, talk and The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square) can be played.
- To hear a Latter-day Saints Channel stream, try these phrases:
‘Saints’ Volumes 1 and 2
- Each book in the series is available by chapter.
- To listen to “Saints,” try these phrases:
“Gospel Voice can infuse additional power into the gospel-centered home,” said Elder Randy D. Funk of the Quorum of the Seventy. “We are especially mindful of those with limited vision and all others of different ages and abilities who will benefit from greater access to core gospel materials in this new channel. During this bicentennial year of the commencement of the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ, we are grateful to introduce this important new tool to help each of us ‘Hear Him!’”
More content will be available via Gospel Voice later this year, including magazine audio, Church podcasts and specific scriptures.
Gospel Voice can be used on these devices:
- Amazon Echo speakers and screens
- Alexa-enabled Amazon tablets
- Smartphones with the Alexa app
- Amazon Echo Auto
- Google Home speakers and screens
- Smartphones with the Google Assistant app
- Android Auto
There are many ways to access content using Gospel Voice. See the quick start guide for more information.
To help the Church improve Gospel Voice, send feedback to email@example.com.