REXBURG — A Second Amendment rally is scheduled for this Saturday in Rexburg.
The Idaho Second Amendment Alliance is spearheading the rally, which is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. at the courthouse on Main Street.
The rally will feature four speakers who are advocates for constitutional carry in Idaho.
Those who will speak include Bryan Smith, Region VII Republican Chairman; Greg Pruett, Idaho Second Amendment Alliance (ISAA) president; Rep. Ron Nate, R-Rexburg; and Dan Roberts, a business owner in Madison County.
The Rexburg rally is just one of a series of rallies being held around the state. A rally will be held this Friday in Idaho Falls. It will be at 5:30 p.m. at Bonneville Park.
Event organizers said they are trying to bring more awareness to the public and lawmakers about open carry and why they believe it should be the law in Idaho.
Here are five points the ISAA has in its mission statement:
• Fighting against proposed laws that would infringe on the Second Amendment.
• Overturning or repealing laws that currently infringe on our Second Amendment.
• Voting out politicians who do not defend the Second Amendment and voting in politicians who do.
• Working with businesses, universities, and other organizations to encourage them to allow citizens to exercise their Second Amendment rights.
• Continuing to educate the public on the importance and necessity to exercise their Second Amendment rights.