Fire

Officals say the Chalet Restaurant in Island Park is likely a total loss.

Support Local Journalism

ISLAND PARK — A fire broke out at the Chalet Restaurant building in Island Park on Tuesday night. The fire reportedly began in the chimney around 7 p.m.

The Island Park Fire Department was on scene to put out the fire, with assistance from firefighting units in St. Anthony and Ashton. Traffic on Main Street going past the restaurant and the adjoining Shell gas station was slowed while emergency crews moved to get in position.

Island Park Chief Nathanael Brandemihl told the Standard Journal on Wednesday that he’d been out at the fire all night.

“We managed to save part of the structure, but I don’t know if it’s salvageable,” he said. “We probably lost a third of it.”

Brandemihl said no one was injured in the fire, saying everyone got out safe.

“All in all, it turned out OK,” he said.