North Fremont and Sugar-Salem girls soccer teams met up for the first of their two regular-season district games Tuesday. The Lady Diggers won 17-0 scoring the most goals they have in a game under head coach Scott Terry and maybe the most goals they’ve ever scored but Terry said setting reco…
REXBURG − Medicaid expansion, medical marijuana, and petitions were all a part of Monday’s House Republican Caucus town hall meeting, held at Rexburg City Hall.
ASHTON — The North Fremont High School baseball field is another $10,000 closer to being completed for the 2020 baseball season.
The hills along the South Fork of the Snake River were a beautiful setting for the cross country runners from North and South Fremont along with Madison on Wednesday afternoon for the Ririe Invitational at the 7N Ranch. The Idaho Falls Tigers dominated the meet by winning both the varsity ra…
REXBURG – The 34-year-old mother of a one-year-old child pleaded guilty to her third DUI Monday and faces up to five years in prison. The judge ordered that she serve two years fixed and three years indeterminate. The court gave her credit for the 83 days she served in the Madison County Jail.
REXBURG − The Rexburg Police Department will be participating in “Operation Clear Track,” the largest railroad safety detail in the United States. Violators will receive citations or warnings during this event.
SALT LAKE CITY — One of the missionaries injured in a car crash in Canada last week has died.
There was some interesting movement in this week’s state football media poll as North Fremont moved into first place in the 2A rankings while Sugar-Salem dropped out of the top spot in 3A.
REXBURG — Local lawmakers spent part of a town hall Monday arguing in favor of making the state’s ballot initiative laws stricter, while also addressing issues including education funding, water rights and compensation for the wrongfully convicted.
SALT LAKE CITY – Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints President Russell M. Nelson again emphasized the Church’s stance on gay marriage and homosexuality during a broadcast to young adult members on Tuesday from Brigham Young University.
ST. ANTHONY – Flames destroyed a tractor and a hay bailer on Tuesday afternoon near a field located at 150 N 2200 East. No one suffered injury, but the $180,000 farm equipment was a complete loss.
POCATELLO — Pocatello City Council President Jim Johnston is championing a long-shot plan he’s convinced would result in big municipal savings, thereby easing a weighty tax burden on many Bannock County residents.
Press release via AAA
SUGAR CITY – The city council plans to review its code on transient solicitation in the city
Press release courtesy Idaho Historical Society
Before last week, Sugar-Salem’s girls’ soccer team’s smallest margin of victory was eight and they hadn’t allowed a goal. So, when they faced off against Teton and Marsh Valley last week, it was a bit of a new experience to play in one-score game. Nevertheless, Sugar prevailed winning both g…
SUGAR CITY – The city council has agreed to allow campaign signs on city right-of-ways as long as candidates get permission from property owners to do so. Most of the city’s right of ways are adjacent to private property, reported the council.
SUGAR CITY – The city has declared an old trailer at 109 N. Fremont a public nuisance.
Press release via AAA
REXBURG − The Family Crisis Center intends to create a support group for men who have been sexually abused.
Press Release via Idaho State Historical Society
- Legislators discuss medicaid expansion, marijuana in town hall initiative discussion
- Blackfoot Communications donates $10,000 to North Fremont baseball field
- Young mom sentenced to third DUI, faces five years in prison
- Rexburg Police Department to Participate in “Operation Clear Track”
- Man using walker struck, killed while crossing busy Pocatello street
- Church missionary succumbs to injuries following car crash in Canada
- Local lawmakers, GOP leadership talk state issues at Rexburg forum
- Ammon man charged for kicking deputy in the groin
- President Nelson stresses God's definition of marriage
- Tractor destroyed by flames Tuesday near St. Anthony
- Two Church missionaries severely injured in car crash on Friday
- Tonga Temple President died on Thursday
- Church celebrates President Nelson's 95th birthday
- President Nelson's Birthday and Christ-like service celebrated tonight
- Elder Porter Moore returns from Nevada Las Vegas Mission
- President Oaks speaks to parents at large Blackfoot gathering
- Civil Marriages Authorized for Immediate Temple Marriage if worthy
- Elder Rasband of The Church of Jesus Christ speaks at BYUI Sunday devotional
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Salt Lake Temple to undergo renovations
- Church of Jesus Christ announces eight new temples at Spring 2019 general conference