After an unimaginable year plagued by a global pandemic, elected local leaders delivered hopeful addresses that focused on plowing ahead for 2021 to the residents of Sugar City, Rexburg and Madison County.
After falling to their rivals 44-29 in Rigby on December 15, Madison fell to Rigby 47-39 on senior night Tuesday.
While members of the Idaho Legislature seek to end the state’s COVID-19 emergency declaration, the state Department of Health and Welfare says its ability to distribute COVID-19 vaccines would be disrupted if those legislators succeed.
A powerful multi-day winter storm is forecast to hit East Idaho starting late Tuesday night, prompting the National Weather Service to issue winter storm watches and winter weather advisories urging people in the region’s higher elevations to consider staying off the roads because of the exp…
The Eastern Idaho Public Health Board voted to amend its current health orders to avoid conflict with Gov. Brad Little’s new high school athletic gatherings plan.
The Madison Cares program is still in need of books for its Lending Library. Books for everyone from children to teens to adults is welcome. The Lending Library is located in the first floor of the Madison School District office. Lending Library officials report that residents often pick up …
A group of Brigham Young University-Idaho students took first place for the third consecutive time in the LandCare Case competition.
The Jerome Tigers took the Madison Invitational on Saturday by placing 13 wrestlers in the top six places including champions. The scheduled two-day tournament was scaled down to one day for the 16 teams. The Tigers scored 228 points with Blackfoot taking second with 207.5 and Century placed…
Jennie Stevens had a vision of sewing a tapestry to symbolize peace on earth.
Sugar-Salem and South Fremont’s girls basketball teams played a tight first half Saturday for the Diggers’ senior night but the 50-20 final score didn’t end up showing it.
After a back-and-forth first quarter, South Fremont’s boys basketball team outscored American Falls 22-8 in the second quarter. AF kept pace with South in the second half but the Cougars won 62-47 in St. Anthony.
Officials from the City of Rexburg, Sugar City and Madison County will deliver a State of the Cities and County address for local residents to view.
In Thursday’s Madison Thunder Ridge game the Bobcats led for seconds not minutes of the second to fourth quarters but they led when the buzzer sounded. Unfortunately for Thunder Ridge, that’s what counts. Though the 57-54 game might count more than most since it leaves Madison alone at the t…
Back in October, Dylan Pope had just wrapped up football practice at Montana Western. He checked his phone. An email surfaced.
The First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has announced that the April 2021 general conference will be virtual only.
- Idaho leaders ask why the state's vaccine allotment is low
- Idaho House staffer tested positive for COVID-19 on Jan. 17; House opted not to notify members
- Idahoans speak out for, against anti-drug constitutional amendment
- Rep. Christensen pushes to impeach Gov. Little
- Idaho House votes to remove all COVID-19 gathering limits statewide
- Chubbuck museum hosts Harry Potter event
- New bill would trim powers of health districts
- Trump impeachment goes to Senate, testing his sway over GOP
- 300 Idaho National Guard members back home from inauguration
- Who's an essential worker? An Idaho COVID-19 vaccine panel is figuring that out
- Seminary students are well-equipped to cope with COVID
- 'One community': Local LDS church distributes nearly 40,000 pounds of food to Fort Hall residents
- The April 2021 General Conference Will Be Virtual Only
- The First Presidency and Apostles Over Age 70 Receive the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Church Leaders condemn 'lawless behavior' at the US Capitol
- Pastor leaving Pocatello First United Methodist Church for position in Texas
- 2021 Youth Theme Album, Other Resources Released
- Car Accident Takes the Life of a Young Missionary in Arkansas
- Elder and Sister Soares Experienced Mild Cases of COVID-19
- First Presidency Calls 105 New Mission Leaders for 2021